Before I start, I want to thank CK for her kindness to invite me to this food review session (Must ask me next time ya!!). Thanks Steven for compiling all the dishes name and Jason for the great photos (I used 11 of them).

Young Heart Restaurant is having a brand new menu for Chinese New Year. Our purpose is to try out the food before its release. If you are planning to go for a lunch or dinner during Chinese New Year, don’t forget about Young Heart Restaurant.

OK, let’s start.

Veggie Roll:
Egg Vegetables Roll – RM6.60
Prawn Vegetables Roll – RM7.60
Unagi Vegetables Roll – RM7.60

Lotus Root with Sugar & Vinegar – RM3.00
The taste is out of your expectation. A good starter.

Dip and Sauces:
Japanese Style – FOC
Chinese Style – FOC
Siam Style – FOC

Hot & Sour Soup – RM5.00 per bowl
The soup is really sour, but I like it!

Snake Squash with Pork – RM11.80
This is nice. This is the very first time I see the Snake Squash.

Golden Scallop Dumpling – RM18.80
The skin of the dumpling is made by the carrot juice.

Goutie:
Prawn & Leeks – RM9.60
Cheese & Chicken – RM10.80

I like the Cheese & Chicken Goutie. It is so cheesy!

Fried Bean Curd – RM4.80
This is another delicious item. I ate 2 of them! :)

Stir Fried Mix Vege & Mushroom – RM16.80
A lot of Vegetables!

Prosperous Year in Malaysia – RM6.80
Chicken wing which has the lemon grass flavor. Nice.

Fried Prawn & Garlic – RM18.80
It was fried until so crispy from the outside. The presentation was beautiful!

Sponge Gourd with Pork – RM13.80
A strong taste of the Chinese Angelica.

Steam Cod & Bean Curd – RM29.80
The fish is so fresh and the gravy is not salty.

Black Jelly Mushroom Fried Noodle – RM8.80
The noodle is handmade, very nice to be eaten.

Shredded Pork Noodle – RM7.50
A lot of shredded pork until you cannot see the noodle!

Ground Pork in Spicy Bean Sauce Noodle – RM7.50
This is really a super duper spicy noodle. A must order for spicy food lover.

Drinks:
Honey Lemon with Aloe Vera – RM6.00 per glass
Chamomile & Chrysanthemum – RM4.50 per glass

Surrounding:

Address:
44A, Jalan Cantonment, 10350 Penang, Malaysia.
Opening Hours: 12.00noon-10.00pm (Closed Monday)
Contact: 604-228 8084, 016-410 8098 (Ms. Ann Kee)

Map

View Larger Map

Attendees (Copied from Criz Bon Appetite):
Criz Lai of Criz Bon Appetite
CK Lam of What2See Online
Tam Chiak & Huat Koay of PenangTuaPui
Steven Goh of Steven Goh dot com
Allen Ooi of Yummy Station
Gill & Jason of Gourmet Garden
Carrie of Cariso Delicacies Corner
Mary of Food Paradise
Allie of Heavenly Allie
Bee of Buzzing Life

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

17 Comments on Young Heart Restaurant @ Penang Pulau Tikus

1. wow…..you are the second ah….. mine still in the process. lol

2. allie says:

I like the Cheese & Chicken Goutie too. yummy…

3. Kikey says:

hey, u didn’t comment about the food oh..
    food review mean, after eat must give some opinion mah,
    if not mana tahu which one good and bad. :p

4. Criz Lai says:

Haha.. I must charge you for royalty fees for copying the information from my site. :P One thing which you did not copy is the price list. I have verified with Ann personally on the right price for each dish. Take note of the noodles as well as the beverage prices. Honey Lemon is RM4 + Aloe Vera (RM2) = RM6 per glass

5. email2me says:

The veggie rolls looks like Vietnamese dish which you guys had at Ms Saigon.

6. hhmmm.. the food seems really healthy, but tasty. A must try. To think that i used to stay in PT area but never went to this plc!

7. hoon says:

oh that is very near the market right? the food looks good. i also didn’t realize Perkim is now at that part of PT.. i thought it’s further down nearer to Lim Cheng Teik side…

8. haha… ur’s like mine case, loading very slow, think because of the pictures. Got more than 40 pics? This is actually a good place to dininig with girlfriend or boyfriend, nice environment and healthy food.

9. vkeong says:

seems like every Penang food blog has this review at their front page :P

10. ck lam says:

Nice of you joining in and good to see you reviewing Penang food again.

11. still stucked at young heart? no other heart yet?

12. mimid3vils says:

Goutie = dumpling? Looks so yummy :)

13. lingzie says:

hi allen…just dropping by to wish you keong hee huat chai! have a prosperous CNY! :)

14. Happy Day says:

They have promotion, 80% off Hand-Made Noodles @ Young Heart Restaurant
    RM2.00 only, limited time offer only, click here for more information

15. Midge says:

Inomtfarion is power and now I’m a !@#$ing dictator.

16. BeataSMataka says:

Pretty nice post. I really discovered your weblog and wished to mention that I’ve
    truly enjoyed browsing your site posts. Whatever the case I
    am going to be subscribing to the feed and i also hope
    you write again soon!

17. ig says:

This is the perfect webpage for everyone who really wants to understand this topic.
    You understand a whole lot its almost hard to argue with you (not that
    I really would want to…HaHa). You definitely put a brand new spin on a subject that’s been written about for decades.
    Excellent stuff, just excellent!