Criz called me last Saturday, asking me whether I am free to join him for the food review at Fun Tea Garden on the next day. I wished to go but I can’t. I told Criz maybe we can go again on Tuesday night. Criz has no problem with that. Steven was with us as well.

Steven and I reached there around 10pm. Since Criz was on the way, we started to take some photos of the restaurant. Fun Tea Garden was special if compare to others. It starts to serve the Dim Sum from 12am to 12pm. Because it was still early, we headed to Carnavon Street to see the Nine Emperor Gods’ procession. After the procession, we went to Esplanade to have Rojak before we back to Fun Tea Garden.

We were the first customer to reach there. While waiting for the Dim Sum to be ready, I snapped some photos on the interior of the restaurant.

The price board on the wall.

Cutlery.

Criz was familiar with the place and he was the one who went to get the Dim Sum for Steven and I. The first Dim Sum that was on our table was the Chicken Roll. Please don’t let the name to fool you. It was nothing to do with the chicken. It has the pig’s liver inside. Quite special.

Satay Siu Mai. I named it myself. Haha. I like this very much. It was just finger licking good.

Shark Fin Dim Sum.

Har Kao.

Original Siu Mai.

“Pei Tan” Roll.

Prawn Roll.

Chee Cheong Fun. Too much soy sauce.

Char Siew Pao. The Char Siew was a bit salty.

Red Bean Lotus Pao. This is very special and recommended by Criz. The Pao has many layers. The filling was red bean and lotus. There is also a york inside. A must try.

Other Dim Sum.

Overall, the Dim Sum was fresh. Some was really nice and some was just a normal Dim Sum. According to Criz, Fun Tea Garden used all the fresh prawns and not the frozen prawns. However, I was a bit regret for having the Rojak before came to Fun Tea Garden. It made me half full and cannot try more on the Dim Sum. I will back again for sure.

Before I forgot, I want to thanks Criz for treating us the Dim Sum and Steven for the transportation. Thanks so much. :)

Fun Tea Garden
Address: 150 & 152, Jalan Dr. Lim Chwee Leong, 10100 Penang. (Opp Prangin Mall)
H/P: 013-4211274

Map:

View Larger Map

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: ,

25 Comments on Fun Tea Garden

1. Criz Lai says:

Walao! You want everyone to come over for free food ar? You publicized me so many times.. LOL! Anyway, nice to be with you guys for a wacky night. I hope we can do this again some other time on a weekend instead. This time, we get Steven to use his Parkroyal Privilege Card.. Kekeke :P

2. kikey says:

This is restaurant is new, before I left Malaysia wasn’t there yet!

Those foods look so good, maybe due to your photos in this post is very clear and nice, got improve!

3. allenooi says:

Criz,
    LOL, promote you for free one you know. Really nice to hang out with you guys. Haha, good idea on the Park Royal privilege card. Since he seldom use it and the card is getting moldy, it is better to use it more. :) Weekend will be OK for me but need to plan out early.

Kikey,
    Yes, a new one. You already left Malaysia for 2 years and for sure there will be a lot of changes. Btw, my photos always nice. Hahaha.

4. mimid3vils says:

wau the siew mai skin so colourful, I even saw purple colour skin !!

5. Steven Goh says:

Gheess… so fast upload already. I don’t want to be same time with you. I will post this after few days later. I am gonna publish something new and even Penang Tua Pui and Criz never publish before 1. muahahaha

6. Christy says:

*Rubs eyes*
    This was taken at night? Gosh….dim sum at night…haha, very very unique!
    I can’t believe it….that means if I were to take dim sum there in the morning, it’s not fresh or new anymore…hu hu hu….and i’d love to have some new ones!

7. Mei Wah says:

Purple colored dim sum?!?!
    My first time to know about it! Hahaha…

I love macro photographs~ :)

8. samyeap says:

hmm..mm.. dont know there is such a dim sum shop open from 12am to 12pm in town. Is the shop opens everyday?

9. allenooi says:

mimid3vils,
    Yes, purple siu mai skin. Special huh?

Steven,
    Yes lo, need to fast fast upload for this one. Haha. Wow, really want to see your next post then.

Christy,
    It’s opening start from midnight! Can you imagine this? Unbelievable right? If you go in the morning, the dim sum are not that fresh lo, this is just a logic thinking. Haha.

10. allenooi says:

Mei Wah,
    Macro nice huh? I love my Canon! Macro can go to 0cm!!! How nice!

Samyeap,
    Now you know lo. Next time want to go for supper, can think of this dim sum shop. No need to go to mamak stall all the time. I think they open everyday. You can call and ask the boss. The phone is stated on the post. Thanks for visiting my site!

11. email2me says:

Wah so much meat before sleep ……. How to digest?

Allen …. you are using which Canon ah … how come my G9 cannot go macro 0 …. lai lai teach a bit …

12. allie says:

I got tempted by the Red Bean Lotus Pau. Must try this on my next visit.

13. ck lam says:

wow…so much yummy dim sum. Very nice review. We had almost the same ones as yours. I didn’t post my review cos was quite busy then with my new domain and learning how to use WordPress. At least I get to see all of it in yr post. We really are thankful to Criz for taking us in to eat the dim sum :)

14. vkeong says:

Seems like I missed out this restaurant in my Penang’s dim sum reviews.. I always see Criz mention about it one lol.

15. allenooi says:

Ken,
    Yaloh, eat so much before sleep. Luckily not every time like this. If not, I have no eyes to see. For the macro, I think it depends on the model. I am using the old model Canon Power Shot S2 IS. Quite nice camera indeed. :)

allie,
    That one is a MUST try! Trust me! It was really nice!

CK,
    Ya, you are busy with your new baby… Hehehe. Ya, thanks to Criz! Hope to see your post soon.

vkeong,
    For sure they will be another round for your review. Criz becomes famous because of this restaurant! Muahaha.

16. gill gill says:

erm…we missed the “chicken roll” and some unique dimsum as we got there already at the late morning, near to closing hour…aiks! at least now we got option for dim sum to eat in the very “early” morning”! yippy

17. never know there’s a midnight dim sum down there. some more you guys are the first customers. :)

btw, i visit this blog at the wrong time… these dim sum make me hungry now. :D

18. constance says:

wah i love DimSum at night one ler. good that now Penang also have, next time want to have DimSum at night can go there liao. Here, we also like to go to the 24hours Crystal Jade at Holland Village if middle of the night one.

19. allenooi says:

Gill,
    Try to go there again when they just open. You can reach there around 11.45pm. The dim sum will be fresh if you go there early. :)

New Kid,
    Ya, midnight dim sum, special huh. Haha, wrong timing? It’s 12.35am and the dim sum shop is just open! Go there and have those dim sum! :)

constance,
    Ya, they just started to have it. Quite nice leh the dim sum. I will go again to try out others next time. :) One more thing, when I go Singapore, you bring me to midnight dim sum there la, can?

20. ces says:

omg! i am so craving again for dimsum! question, why is it spelled with a T in the signage, sorry but all my life i knew it started with a D:) please enlighten:)
    about your question, it’s lemon zest…:)

21. JoZe Foo says:

i didnt try the dim sum before… But try the rice next door a few times. I think is the same management lo since they use the same “fun”. The rice next door is very expensive how about the dim sum? Anyway, i wan to try this dim sum cos they had something diff lo

22. cariso says:

Wah, got a lot of dishes which I didn’t manage to see during our morning visit one oh….Criz Lai ! unfair lah! :p

23. allenooi says:

Ces,
    You also noticed that huh? I also have no idea why it spelled T instead of D. Maybe they want it to be different. :)

Joze,
    The dim sum was reasonable. I also heard about the rice is damn expensive. I never try and don’t want to try it. Haha. I want to go for the dim sum again.

Cariso,
    When you all went, they almost close shop mar…. That is why, not because of Criz la. Haha. Next time go during midnight, then for sure you can get all the great dim sum.

24. Its not my first time to visit this web site, i am visiting this site dailly and obtain nice facts from here daily.

25. ig says:

Thanks on your marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed
    reading it, you may be a great author. I will always bookmark your blog and definitely will come back sometime soon.
    I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great job,
    have a nice evening!